Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Will there be a new driver for Snow Leopard and DP7?

Just wanted to see if there is any info for a new driver for Snow Leopard and DP7?

Been experiencing some performance issues ever since I got my MacPro 8 Core with Snow Leopard and DP7.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rob Pottorf
http://www.rpmusic.com

Re: Will there be a new driver for Snow Leopard and DP7?

Hi Rob,

The latest driver works and is compatible with Snow Leopard and I haven't heard of any issues with DP7.  What kinds of 'performance issues' are you noticing?

By the way, we did get your email that you sent to customer support, however, your email address didn't appear when we hit 'reply' to answer you back.  So you may want to check that out in case this happens to other people as well. And if you email our customer support make sure you include your email address.

CS

Hey CS - thanks for the reply.

The issues that I am having:

Even though the track name appears many times I have to unplug and plug AT to get it to actually write automation. Very strange behavior.
When I click on a track in DP, AT won't recognize the volume level. i.e. If the track is at 67 and the AT fader happens to be 115, it won't snap to 67. I have to touch the fader, it'll write at 110, I then undo and then it will recognize the 67 setting. 

Also, even though I am in latch mode it will stop writing as soon as I let go and return to the preceeding volume level. It performs as if I were in touch mode.

These are the quarky things that have been happening since I upgraded to the MacPro 8 core and SL.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Rob

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

rpmusic wrote:

Even though the track name appears, many times I have to unplug and plug AT to get it to actually write automation. Very strange behavior.
When I click on a track in DP, AT won't recognize the volume level. i.e. If the track is at 67 and the AT fader happens to be 115, it won't snap to 67. I have to touch the fader, it'll write at 110, I then undo and then it will recognize the 67 setting. 

Also, even though I am in latch mode it will stop writing as soon as I let go and return to the preceeding volume level. It performs as if I were in touch mode.

These are the quarky things that have been happening since I upgraded to the MacPro 8 core and SL.

Rob

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

rpmusic wrote:

Even though the track name appears many times I have to unplug and plug AT to get it to actually write automation. Very strange behavior.

Rob

rpmusic wrote:

Rob

Hi Rob,

So I tried what you mentioned and at first I'm pretty sure I was able to reproduce the track/volume issue where changing tracks with the mouse doesn't reflect on the AT, so then I changed tracks with the AlphaTrack and everything was working normally and then I went to change the tracks back with the mouse and everything worked properly after that. So I'm not sure what to think of that because everything seems to be working now.

By the way, what view are you on in DP when you're clicking on the tracks and the AT doesn't reflect the track change?

Also, at no point was I able to reproduce the latch/touch issue. Latch seemed to work fine for me. One thing I would check is when you see this happen, check the track in DP and see that it's in latch mode and also check the automation setting in the AlphaTrack (to make sure it matches) by pressing the AlphaTrack's 'Auto' button. 

I'll keep messing with it, and let me know if you see more issues or if you see it working properly for a period of time.

CS

I'm about to purchase the Alpha Track so I don't have to rely on the iPhone app for DP7 that was just relaesed for Free.  I know at least this should work seamlessly being created by Motu. But I want a Fader.

Does the Alph track work with DP 7.12, Snow Leopard, and 27" iMac Quad Core? 

What are the limitations between hardware labeling on AT and DP Software Symantics?  What doesn't work?

Do the 3 encoder's work with DP's Masterworks EQ and Limiter? 

I usually work in DP's Pro Tools Window Set for evertyhthing I need to do.

I'm also looking at the Presonus Fader Port for $70 less. 

"You get what you pay for?"

I haven't had much luck with Alphatrack working correctly with DP since version 5.13. I've been in touch with "tech support" a few times and have gotten no where. My biggest issue is that it doesn't want to follow the automation correctly unless I nudge the fader. If I'm in touch mode and make a little move the fader may or may not snap back when I release it. I have to play the track and then touch the fader and do the undo thing as the OP stated above. I'm now running DP 7.2 BTW with the same issue. At this point I'm in Logic 9.1.1 most of the time and it doesn't work at all for me there as I'm in 64 bit mode. Too bad as I really liked this thing when I first bought it many years ago. Let's hope they get some of this stuff working again.