Topic: Assigning controllers in Sonar/EW Play

Is there any way to assign the fader to act as a CC1(modwheel) controller.  I just got the unit today and can not get it to play nice with EW Play.  The only thing I have been able to access in the GUI via the learn function is the Filters(2LP 4LP etc) but no other functions.

Re: Assigning controllers in Sonar/EW Play

Hi lorneyb2,

If you're using EW Play in another program (like Logic, etc.) as a plug-in then you should be able to get to the 'mod wheel' parameter by using the AlphaTrack's 'plug-in' mode button and then paging through the parameters until the 'mod wheel' parameter is found, then you'll be able to use the encoder (or fader if you use the flip button on the AlphaTrack) to control the mod wheel.

Hope this helps....

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

With the Play VST I get the first set of 3 filters but for some reason it does not page through the list.  It only is letting me make changes to the very first item on the automation list.  I am using Sonar 8.5.3 on XP Pro 64bit.  On the 1 option (standard or ACT) I get the above and on the other I only get [Midi Track] and goes nowhere.  If I use a Cakewalk plug-in in the FX bin I can page through the various options but have been unable to find success with a VST instrument via the synth rack.
Am I missing something simple here?

Hi lorneyb2,

There may be an issue with these later versions of Sonar (8.5 and later) with how they handle the instrument tracks.  It seems to work in versions prior to 8.5 and we're currently waiting to hear back from them to see if there were any changes from the earlier versions that would cause conflicts with other controllers.

CS