Topic: Logic Issue with Transport and Set Up Window Instances of it

Hi,

Every time I boot up Logic Pro (latest version) a transport Icon/device gets generated to the set up window of control surfaces and the set up window pops up to tell me the fact that it added another one.  I've deleted them but it keeps happening.

What do  I have set wrong?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Logic Issue with Transport and Set Up Window Instances of it

Hi DocMidi657,

Is your TranzPort plugged in?  If Logic sees that a control surface is plugged in and there's no device icon for it in the control surface setup window Logic will automatically add it to the list.  The only way you can get it to not show up is by keeping the TranzPort unplugged while Logic is on.  I suppose you can also delete the TranzPort plug-in from Logic's 'Midi Devices' folder so it doesn't recognize the TranzPort.

Is there a reason you don't want the icon to show up there?

CS

Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

CS wrote:
Is your TranzPort plugged in?
It's a wireless device.

Is there a reason you don't want the icon to show up there? 

The the problem is that each time I boot Logic it adds another instance/icon to the instance/icon already there so after A few weeks of opening Logic I have a  zillion of these icons/instances.  It's not a huge problem as I just delete them but it does seem like this is not what you have intended in your design on the software side of things.

I'm wondering what I have set wrong or am doing wrong to cause this to happen?

Thanks for your first reply!
Dave

Oh, I think I understand now.  When I asked if you were plugged in, I was referring to the USB transceiver.  If Logic recognizes a device (by checking the plug-ins in Logic's 'Midi Device Plug-ins' folder, which you have one for TranzPort) if Logic notices that it's not configured in Logic/Preferences/Control surfaces/Setup it will add that device to the list.  Why it keeps adding it if it's already there, I have no idea.

One thing I would try is to go to your main drive's applications folder and locate the version of Logic that's having this issue.  CTRL+click on the icon (but don't launch it) then select 'show package contents' and then select 'contents' after that.  Then click on the 'Midi Device Plug-ins' folder and just check to see if you have one file in there called TranzPort.bundle

Then once you confirm that, I would go back to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup and delete all the TranzPort icons and then quit and relaunch Logic and see if you get the same results. 

If that still doesn't help, then what I would do is go to your main drive and go to Users/<your name>/Library/Preferences) in this folder delete the Logic prefs file (com.apple . logic .pro.cs) and see if that helps.

CS