Topic: Tranzport files do not install, on Mac 10.4.11

Hi All.
First post here and i,m looking for some assistance please.
I have done a search and followed a couple of directives but still with no positive result.
I cannot install any files on my set up, i tried from both the cd and got the latest download from the site.. 1.4.2
My set up is Mac G4 dual 1ghz ppc and running Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11.
In my search i found that BSD Sub system had to be installed, so i have done that just to make sure. Although i did not install OS9 drivers on this set up. I have uninstalled Tranzport ran repair permissions, rebooted a couple of times and all to no avail. nothing is installed.. i have checked these....
TranzPort Manager application (in Applications)
- TranzPort Driver (in System/Library/Extensions)
- TranzPort MIDI Plugin (in Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers)
- TranzPort Assistants (in Library/Application Support)
- TranzPort Icon (in Library/Audio/MIDI Devices/Generic/Images)..
   At no time was the usb dongle/transmitter plugged in...
Any assistance is appreciated
thanks
tranzusr

Re: Tranzport files do not install, on Mac 10.4.11

Hi tranzusr,

If you've already installed the latest drivers you should be safe to plug in the USB transceiver.  After you plug in the USB transceiver the TranzPort manager's icon should pop up on your computer screen, does it?  If so, it means the drivers installed correctly and the next thing it should do is link your USB transceiver with the TranzPort remote.  If it doesn't you can try to manually bind then by pressing shift+battery on the remote, then immediately afterwards (while the LCD reads "binding...please wait") press the button on the USB transceiver. 

If something went wrong let me know where during this process things didn't work as I described.

CS

Hi, I appreciate the reply, even after 2 months LOL..
As it happens i was due to upgrade/replace my main drive/s:
  On the last install i did a custom install omitting languages, and OS 9 Drivers etc and possibly the BSD sub system (although i did re-install that)... So this time i did a full install, as its a 320 gb drive and as the install is 7.5 gb its of no concern really.
So with great trepidation after the upgrade and installation of Tranzport driver/s and repairing permissions, i restarted the Mac and nervously plugged in the USB Tranzport transeiver hoping to see the icon in the top right of the screen.
Well ... it did not appear :(

Only Joking ;-)
It worked fine, up popped the icon.
So there was obviously something missing from the original install.
Its good that i had read about the Tranzport needing the sub system, as i would never have thought it was the system. I would have just assumed it was Fubar. Still odd how it did not work though even after re-installing the sub-system.
So thats the 1st stage, only did it today, i have to double check that it is in contact with the remote and i need to get Pro Tools all square.
Its all much of a muchness really as i have to get a new Mac i7 or Mac Pro this year and i just needed to prove that the unit was working okay.
Onwards and upwards.
tranzusr

Great!

CS