Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Tranzport Not Working As Shown In Acid Pro 6

PIONEER66 wrote:

hello to the forum
im a noob and have just bought a tranzport
i loaded up acid pro 6 and followed the instuctions on the frontier website but the unit is not showing any thing on the screen?
please id love to get this up and running asap so all the help would be great

im running a quad cpu
vista home 64
i have dloaded and installed the latest beta driver etc but no joy as yet

many thanks

paul

CS:Hello Paul,

Not sure what the problem might be but here are a few basic things to check:

First, make sure your TranzPort is set to 'Native' mode and that the green link LED is lit. If the link  is not lit then press Shift+Battery and immediately press the button on the USB interface.

Is TP enabled for both Playback and Input in your Options\Preferences\MIDI window?
Is TP listed in your "Active Control devices" (External Control and Automation tab)?
Status should say "1 channels detected".
"External Control"  is checked in your Options menu?

CS

PIONEER66 wrote:

hello and thanks for your speedy response

yes all of the above have been done and still no joy
when i have the preferences window open and double click on the external control devise for the tranzport it tells me that the devise is not detected?
all the link lights are on and the device is registered as ok in my devises?
could this be due to me running vista 64?
thanks
paul

CS:Vista 64 shouldn't be a problem for the Tranzport if you are running the latest drivers.. Sony wrote their own interface for the TranzPort and imbedded it into Acid Pro so it should come right up. We haven't heard of any problems so there must be something we're missing here. If ACID isn't detecting your TranzPort then that would seem to indicate it's MIDI ports aren't being recognized. What other MIDI devices do you have? make sure you haven't disabled Windows Audio Service on your machine. That also handles the TranzPorts MIDI ports.

CS

PIONEER66 wrote:

i have a novation sl compact midi keyboard.no problems at all with this and that is all i am running at the moment.how can i check my windows audio service?i havnt changed anything as far as i know?
thanks again
paul

CS:If your Novation is using the AutoMap software try this test. Close Acid and remove the Novation then relaunch Acid with the TranzPort connected.  See if it can find it that way. We have seen problems with the AutoMap stuff before. If this is the case then there are some MIDI port settings in the AutoMap Server software that will fix it. I am not an expert in that stuff but I believe it defaults in such a way that it can block out other devices.

Let us know if removing the keyboard helps and if so I'll try to find other user notes regarding this.

CS

PIONEER66 wrote:

you are the man...works fine and dandy now thanks...all i need to do now is find out how to use them both at the same time?
i hope i can as i need my midi keyboard as well as the tranzport

thanks again

paul

CS:Cool, you'll be ok. They can both work together but you just need to tweak the AutoMap settings a bit.  Do a search on the word AutoMap in All Forums here. You'll see half a dozen or so threads all related to the same thing. Also, check your Novation documentation and the Novation website. There has also been updates to the Automap  software to fix these kinds of things. Hopefully one of them will  have your answer.

CS