Topic: Tranzport and Sonar 8.5.2

I upgraded from Sonar 8 PE to 8.5.2 PE and Tranzport stopped working.  It worked fine in Sonar 8 PE.

It either locks up Sonar or locks itself up and does not communicate with Sonar after the initial connection. I went through the Tranzport hardware tests w/o a problem

I tried the new Win 3.5 driver (running XP), but this did not improve things. 

Any suggestions?  Will this configuration work?

thanks,

Charley

Re: Tranzport and Sonar 8.5.2

Hi charleyrich,

I'm trying to get ahold of a copy of Sonar 8.5.2.  We don't currently have this version.  I'll get back to you when I'm able to confirm if this is a global issue or not.

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

Hi charleyrich,

I'm trying to get ahold of a copy of Sonar 8.5.2.  We don't currently have this version.  I'll get back to you when I'm able to confirm if this is a global issue or not.

CS

I've been through SONAR 8.5, 8.5.1, 8.5.2 and 8.5.3 on XP with the latest TranzPort driver and haven't had trouble with any of them.

That's good to know dantarbill.  Thanks for the info.  To all those having issues with the newer version I'd try going into Sonar/options/midi devices and just confirm that 'AlphaTrack' is highlighted under the input and output fields and then go to Sonar/options/control surfaces and try this:

delete the AlphaTrack device in the list
then re-add it back to the list and set the midi input and midi output fields to 'AlphaTrack'

Sometimes deleting the control surface and re-adding it helps and I think it helped at least one person get their device working in 8.5

Let me know if this does/doesn't work for others.

CS

So I got Sonar 8.5 and updated to 8.5.2 and tested it with the TranzPort and the AlphaTrack and everything seems to be working properly.

Let us know if anyone is still having issues.

CS