Topic: Alphatrack with MaxMSP

Greetings,

Does anyone have any tips for using the Alphatrack with Cycling '74s MaxMSP? I'd like to be able to use the fader and rotary encoders in a project I'm building. I can get the fader to work just fine, but the rotary encoders don't seem to send continuous data. They send a 1 for each turn to the right and a 65 for each turn to the left. I was able to create a patch that incremented and decremented with those values, but it seems pretty kludgy. Any suggestions for efficiency and smoothness would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Alphatrack with MaxMSP

Hi bkshepard,

In some apps we use a push/turn on the encoder knobs for finer resolution.  Not sure if that helps you in your situation though.  The following document may help as well:

http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … ve_1.0.pdf

CS