Topic: Help with Trans and Studio One in Mackie mode

HI,

I usually use my Tranz in Nuendo 3 with no issues, I am testing the host Presonus Studio One which will run the tranz in mackie control mode. But when I do this the track names do not show up on the tranz. It just shows as the track name is the vol that the fader is set to. Is this normal for mackie mode?

Thanks
Jason
XP SP 3
Nuendo 3
Presonus Studio one 1.01

Re: Help with Trans and Studio One in Mackie mode

Hi jwnc,

It's normal that you may get limited functionality.  This is because each DAW emulates a mackie a little differently.  Most DAW's treat the transport buttons the same so they tend to work most of the time.  However, I'm not surprised that you're getting other problems.  We would need to write support for Studio One's mackie emulation or get ahold of their SDK to write native support.  So far this hasn't yet materialized.

CS

I emailed Frontier Tech support about the lack of Studio One Pro & Tranzport compatibility but never got a reply. I had a thread going over at the PreSonus forum regarding this. From best I could tell, Presonus would love to have compatibility with the Tranzport but don't have the time to attempt writing the scripts for it from scratch & plus, Presonus never got replies from Frontier when they contacted them about the needed MIDI map (?) info for the Tranzport.

The lack of Tranzport support is the specific reason that myself & a couple friends of mine have not purchased Presonus Studio One Pro as our primary DAWs... We're just too dang spoiled on the Tranzports :)... Presonus Studio One is AMAZING though!

I don't recall getting an email directly from Presonus but I do remember a few weeks back getting an email from a TranzPort customer that mentioned he saw a forum post on presonus' website where a rep from Presonus said that all they needed was a device map.  While the TranzPort is a discontinued product we do still provide customer support and repairs and we'd love to provide support for all the new DAW's out there it's just a matter of time and resources.

Thanks for your support.

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

I don't recall getting an email directly from Presonus but I do remember a few weeks back getting an email from a TranzPort customer that mentioned he saw a forum post on presonus' website where a rep from Presonus said that all they needed was a device map.  While the TranzPort is a discontinued product we do still provide customer support and repairs and we'd love to provide support for all the new DAW's out there it's just a matter of time and resources.

Thanks for your support.

CS

Do you think you'll be able to have the time to get anything figured out for Presonus Studio One or to get the needed info to Presonus to work it out? Please say yes, Please say yes...

Thanks, jd

Hi jdmcgee,

To be honest I'm going to have to say I just don't know.  It wouldn't surprise me either way.

CS