Topic: tranzport w/ protools 6.4le not showing in peripherals/midi

hi, i just purchased a tranzport and am having trouble during the final stage of setup. i'm running xp sp2 pro on a desktop. 001 breakout box and m-audio octane via lightpipe to the digi card.

i dl'd the latest windows driver, 1.5.0,  from the website and the installation seemed to be going as expected. when i go to the peripherals/midi tab to add the "hui" interface it does not show up as an option. all it says is "none". i'm not able to select any other option. i have "hui" selected in the transport icon located in the taskbar. also the "receive, send and #channels" tabs seem to be faded out. both the unit and receiver have a steady green light and i even relinked them manually just to make sure after it didn't work the first time.

i also tried uninstalling the tranzport windows driver and using an older driver, 1.4.1, to see if that might be it. same result.

is there a setting in protools that may be set wrong?

i'm at a loss. thanks.

van

Last edited by drumvan (2009-12-02 09:49:42)

Re: tranzport w/ protools 6.4le not showing in peripherals/midi

Hi drumvan,

That's weird, I vaguely remember this happening once or twice before.  Do you know whether or not your version of ProTools includes support for the Mackie HUI control?  Some versions require you to copy a HUI controller support file from a ProTools cd into the ProTools folder.  You might want to check that out first. 

Another thing you can try is to trash your Protools prefs files and see if that helps.  If your TranzPort is linked then the drivers must have installed properly because if they aren't you won't be able to link it up.  And you set it to HUI mode so it sounds like you did everything correctly.  The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the TranzPort is plugged in and set to HUI in the TranzPort manager prior to launching ProTools.

CS