Topic: Re-linking Tranzport with Sonar 8

Couldn't be without Tranzport in my studio. Just finished a long project and disconnected Tranzport to do some computer maintenance. Re-connected it, but no functions. Link light is on. Shows up with proper MIDI channels in Sonar. Set to Native mode. Now time shows up on Tranzport screen, but no buttons work. Installed new batteries.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Re: Re-linking Tranzport with Sonar 8

I am just now setting up a Windows 7 Home Premium system and I have the same issue.  I loaded the drivers today and I guess I'll try again.  If anyone has a better plan, please let me know.  It was working fine with my XP system until it died on me... 

Also, I didn't know this was discontinued!  Its a great piece of gear for a vocal/guitar closet or a mix position!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Rich

News...and it ain't good. Went to site and downloaded 1.5 drivers, thinking that was the problem. Installed them, and when the installation screen detected WDM and asked me to install drivers, I did as manual said and black screen appeared. Ran verifier.exe and it said "Tranzport WDM drivers" are a problem. Right......So completely uninstalled Tranzport, started fresh with 1.5 drivers, same result.
I've run this thing for 2 years with no problem. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Same Problem, could really use help.  I love my tranzport but I had to upgrade my software or fall behind.  So now that I ugraded to sonar 8 I can't get my tranzport to work.  HEEELLLP!

Have been using Tranzport with Sonar 8.0 for six months or so...no problems. Just today, it stopped sending. If I change tracks or conditions with the mouse the readback works fine, but no sends work...seems to be in "Tranzport Native" mode and Sonar mode doesn't show up

HELP??

Hi everyone,

The TranzPort should work fine in Windows 7 and in Sonar 8.  However, I have heard of some issues with Sonar 8.5.  It may be user error since there shouldn't be any major changes that should affect external control.  I'm currently in the process of getting a copy to see if I can reproduce these issues. 

You should all let me know what versions of Sonar you are all running and we'll see if there's a pattern here. 

One more thing you should all try is to go into Sonar/Options/Conrtol Surfaces and delete the instance of TranzPort in the list.  Then just readd it to the list (make sure the input and output are also set to TranzPort) and see if that helps.  Sometimes in Sonar deleting and readding a device helps these symptoms.  Other than that nothing jumps out at me.  Also, for those of you reinstalling the drivers, just make sure that the USB transceiver is unplugged before you install the drivers.

CS

I got Sonar 8.5 in the mail this past week and updated to 8.5.2 to test the AlphaTrack and TranzPort and everything seems to be working properly.

So I would just make sure that in Sonar/Options/Midi Devices your device is enabled (checked) for midi input and midi output and also make sure that it's configured in Sonar/Options/Control surfaces as described in my previous post.

CS

I am using SONAR 8.5.3.282 with the Tranzport with no difficulty.

I recall a few years back being advised to have the Tranzport listed as the first entry in the Control Surfaces dialog box for SONAR, but I just checked and my FW-1884 is listed first, and still no problems.