Topic: Alphatrack & Logic 9.1 64-bit not working.

Is there any news on a 64 bit version?

Re: Alphatrack & Logic 9.1 64-bit not working.

+1

Works fine with Logic 9.1 in 32 bit mode, but just not recognised in 64 bit mode.

+1. I went back and forth many times from 32 to 64 bit with no luck so assume that the plugin has to be rewritten, which will probably take a while. It would be nice if somebody confirms this but it is NAMM this week so I would give it some time. I didn't realize how much I rely on this thing for my day to day work! I'm wondering if there is anything else out now that works in 64 bit mode that I could get to replace it as (in my case) it doesn't work properly in Digital Peformer and as of now won't work in Logic 9 in 64 bit?

Last edited by daveyboy (2010-01-15 11:44:25)

same problem here

alphatrack served me well for a couple years

but it started to have problems recently in logic... logic would stop recognizing it

it's finally dead in 9.1

wondering if I should move on to a new controller.. the alphtracks was so cheap that I'm not sure it's worth their while to keep the thing updated each time apple updates logic in some new way

So any news on a 64-bit drivers?
Is there a time schedule or for it or is not on the agenda?

And where is Central Scrutinizer?

+1

Really frustrating, but I'm sure FD would be working on a 64-bit driver, correct?  Love my AT, but would need to move to another controller if this is not resolved. Bummer.

Almost a month now and still no official reply?

I'm concerned about this too.  I sent an email to support several days ago and haven't received a reply.

I have really come to rely on my Alphatrack and there's really nothing else like it on the market (and no, the Faderport is not nearly in the same league for my needs).  I really need the Alphatrack to work, but I'm concerned with the lack of communication here...

Some of you are saying it works in 32 bit mode?  Mine doesn't work properly: the mute/solo buttons affect the main stereo out rather than the selected channel, the display always says "Stereo Master" rather than the selected channel, etc.  I have trashed prefs, reinstalled the AT driver, "rebuilt defaults" in Logic's CS settings, etc., and nothing helps.

It does work perfectly though in previous Logic versions...

Frustrating!

I've not come across any problems yet in 32-bit mode, mute/solo and channel display are all fine.

there is no support from Frontier design, no driver update for Mac since december 2007, I won't buy anything new from them because of this irespectuous behaviour !

in 32 bits mode, the Alphatrack work if you launch Logic empty and then load the project but no way to make it work in 64 bits...

I‘m having trouble getting replies as well. I‘m returning my AT and buying a product from a company that doesn't leave it's customers hanging. Drag though... it was exactly what I needed

Yoo hoo Frontier Design Group. Any news? I was going to email support just now and bug them but checked the forum again. Looks like it would be futile. I've begun investigating other options. From what I can tell there isn't anything right now that works in 64 bit on mac. If there is maybe someone could post that here. I love my Alpahatrack, even though it doesn't work properly in any version of Digital Performer that I have  (5-7). It does seem to work fine in Logic in 32 bit mode. It'll still control your faders in 64 bit but really not in a good way as if you touch the fader it just makes your only fader go to 0 first.

My apologies to everyone.  Things have been especially busy these past several weeks and unfortunately the forums and email were taking the back burner for a while. 

There is currently no 64-Bit mac support however, we discussed it recently and we're looking into it and expect a more definitive answer soon (in the next couple weeks?).  Other than a 64-Bit update for the mac there has been no need for an update since '07 when Leopard was released since the same drivers work in the recent Snow Leopard. 

Not sure why the AlphaTrack would only control the master fader.  It's hard to say without a little more information.  Does it act the same way when creating another project?  What happens when you try to change tracks?  Are you in mixer view or arrange view?  I'd email support@frontierdesign.com with more specifics (screenshots if possible) if you still have these issues.

DP has known issues with how it handles external controllers for example plug-in parameter control has major issues: some parameters aren't recognized, others have very coarse resolution, etc.

CS

I hope this will be fixed in a few weeks,.... need it in my studio...

It looks like the Euphonix Mix and MC Control work with Logic in 64 bit. I'm seriously considering the Mix. In the meantime I've gotten my Mackie D8B working in Hui mode again, which works great with Logic/64bit. It's just not able to write touch sensitive automation :-(. I'm anxiously awaiting a new driver for my Alphatrack (hint, hint!). Pleeaaasseeee?

Yeah, I'm waiting for the euphonix control, and MC Color( for video). It will arrive in a few days with fedex. Sure it helps me out. I hope the alphatrack will work in the near future, otherwise it will be the next hardware that's laying around in the studio, doing nothing more then collecting dust.

So....

What's happening with this update?
It's been more than 5 months since this post.
The alphatrack is really good and does everything it was designed to do but it is now becoming obsolete due to the non existing support.

What's going on?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hi everyone,

We are now in the process of updating the Mac drivers for TranzPort and AlphaTrack so they can be used in the 64-Bit kernel.  Check back periodically to our downloads page for the update:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads
http://frontierdesign.com/Products/TranzPort/Downloads

Thanks for your patience and support.

CS

Phew, thank goodness! That's great news. The AlphaTrack is justabout my favourite piece of kit

Yes, great news indeed.  It'll be good to have everything working together again.

Chris

So, after reading this again and again, finally last week some news on a possible 64-bit update for Logic. Frontier Designers, maybe you should consider your customers to become beta testers ? This way at least, we can start using Alphatrack again. Seriously, this is a hardware device that is sold as "works with Logic" - mentioned online and on the box. Here in Belgium, under economic law when mentioning this it should be working even in the latest (sorry guys, you already had 10 months now since Logic 9 came out) version. "Things have been busy here" is not the right answer from a product support service. You should have been really busy fixing this "yesterday" already. What's the purpose of the button "Product Support" otherwise ? Excuse my French...
Hope this will be finally fixed soon.

Mister Michael Schack (the best drummer ever). You are right. . right,...right...

Thanks Jim ! Together we stand ;-)

Fact 1:

More than 6 months since one of the most popular DAWs updated to 64 bit mode.

Fact 2:

Loyal users of your main (?) product have repeatedly stated the importance of 64 bit support in this specific product of yours, first post was posted more than 6 months ago.

Fact 3:

You, the company, stated that you discussed an update to 64 bit support more than 4 months ago.

Fact 4:

More than 5 weeks ago you stated that you were in the process of updating the drivers to 64 bit support and urged us all to check the dl-pages frequently in the near future.

Fact 5:

No drivers, news or updates in this matter has been provided by you since the statement of updating process 5 weeks ago.

Fact 6:

The first page quote meeting me today was:

“AlphaTrack in five words? Fast, intuitive, innovative, compact, and attractive..."

Brian George, Frontier Design Group

Fact 7:

Tonight, I do not agree at all with Brian's opinion above. Not at all.

.........................................................................................................

Please, could you provide us with some sort of hint about your status and action plan in this matter? We, the users, suffer quite bad at the moment since we cannot use your (otherwise) excellent product.

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response. The release of the 64-Bit mac driver is expected to be sometime around September/early fall.  So hopefully just a few more weeks.

CS