Topic: Programming " F " keys in Sonar 8 with ACT ... something is wrong !!

Hello

My name is Gid - got my alphatrack at Christmas.

I use Sonar 8.

I am using it currently in a 32 track project I am working on

What I have done so far.

I programmed the F1 key to  Track Input Monitor  from the drop down box for the F1 key - no problems.

I then wanted to program the   F2  and  F3  and  F4  keys as follows:-

F2  - Open Plugin
F3  - Next Plugin
F4  - Close Plugin

As these options are not available in the  drop-down boxs for F2  and  F3  and F4, I used ACT in Sonar to learn and program the  F2  and  F3  and  F4  buttons.

The Problem

F2  and  F3  and  F4   *DO*  what I programmed them to do  *** BUT ***  as well as doing the three things I set them up to do, the   F2  F3  and  F4  keys also move the selected track down  8  tracks each

ie:  if I am on Track 1, I hit F2 and it does  open the plugin but it also moves down to Track 8   ?!?!?!?!?!?   similar thing for  F3  and  F4  -  they each do what I assigned them to do  but are also moving tracks - its like they are  hard-coded  to do this.

Help Needed

How do I programme the  F  keys with ACT in Sonar so they ONLY do what I select in ACT and not what appears to be their default track moving  ?

Any help would be appreciated as this is really frustratiing.
Gid

Re: Programming " F " keys in Sonar 8 with ACT ... something is wrong !!

Can someone / anyone  please help / advise  how to  " fix "  this  issue ?

Dave

Hi Frontier Design

Is anyone there yet ?

Its been  12  days since my original post and I  *do*  appreciate this was over the holiday period, but are you still on holidays ?

If you are not still on holdiays, can you please respond  with an answer / fix  ?

David

Last edited by davidioc (2010-01-08 23:14:45)

Hi davidioc,

Sorry for the delay in response.  I know it's been too long but we've been quite busy these past several weeks and to be honest the forums were taking the back burner for that time.

If you still have this issue my advice would be to set the F buttons to a value in the dropdown box that is doesn't take too much time or mess anything up.  Like nudging a certain amount one way for F1 and then the same amount the opposite way for F2 or something along those lines.

CS