Topic: Aplha track installed but protools cant identify

I am running Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 with a MBox 2 Mini on my macbook as a take home rig for my recording studio here in Chicago, and wanted to add my alpha track to my rig. 

I have installed the frontier software and can use the alpha in a few programs, but not Pro Tools.

I have the settings for the AT manager set to protools HUI mode before I open up Pro Tools, and go through the needed steps in the peripherals window, but when I go to set where the hui device is sending and receiving info, the only option i have is "none".

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the ball rolling?

Re: Aplha track installed but protools cant identify

Setup>peripherals>midi controllers>type....there should be a choice of none, HUI, command 8,etc. Choose HUI and then go to the other drop-downs "Recieve from" and "Send To">predefined and choose the AT.

All I want for Christmas is for my knobs to work...my knobs to work....

Hi mickeymassacre,

If (in peripherals) under "TYPE" all you see is 'none' then this means you're missing a HUI controller support file.  Some versions of ProTools require that you copy this file separately from the install CD into the ProTools folder.  This should be documented in their manuals I can't remember what that file is called. 

If you're able to select TYPE but the 'send to' and 'receive from' fields are blank then I'd give support@frontierdesign.com an email and see what they think.  AlphaTrack should show up there if the drivers are installed properly.

CS