Topic: cubase 4 AT plugin issue.

hi all, my alphatrack midi out is randomly deselected by cubase, making the alphatrack not work.
i have cubase 4 latest update, on a mac g5 NON intel OSX10.4.9.
i have the latest AT driver with the latest plugin in cubase component folder. i have also tried with older versions of the plugin, but with no benefits (the only one that seems to work is the version that was on the CD rom out of the box, but i'd like to update it).
my AT is plugged diretly into the frontal usb bus.
also did lotsa AT driver reinstalls........
thank you for reading, i am waiting for you to reply soon because AT is a great handy piece of gear that i really enjoy using.

bye bye

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: cubase 4 AT plugin issue.

Hi gum,

So if you go here:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads

and scroll down to the plug-in section and grab the latest mac/AlphaTrack plug-in for Cubase (v1.07) and place it into (C\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase\Components) replacing any other version and relaunch/reconfigure Cubase then this problem comes back?

CS

yes, the only plugin version that works  is the original bundle that came with the AT on the CD rom out of the box

Hi gum,

I think I replied in another post but I don't have a copy of Cubase here to test this out on.  I'd try going into Cubase's device manager and deleting the AlphaTrack device, then click on the (+) icon and re-add it, making sure that the midi input and output are both set to 'AlphaTrack'.  (after trying the new plug-in).

And let me know if you have other midi gear in your setup that you can unplug to see if there is some sort of conflict.

CS