Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Can't kill applet/weird sleep problems

minniemouse wrote:

'm running windows xp and pretty much leave my alphatrack connected all the time. If i put the computer to sleep while the applet is running and then come back i am no longer able to right click on the system tray icon and change the mode (live, native, pro tools etc.).
I am also unable to end the process in the task manager. If i could do that then i could restart it again and regain the system tray responsiveness.
I have also tried disabling the applet in startup services so that i could log off and in again and then restart the applet, but still no luck. The only way is to reboot which i desperately want to avoid having to do every time i want to change the alphatrack mode.
I'm wondering if my disabling of certain xp services when i was optimizing my machine for audio might have something to do with this behaviour.

CS: Yes, there is a conflict with USB power cycling and AlphaTrack when sleeping Windows. Currently you must disconnect AlphaTrack before sleeping your computer to prevent any issues. We will monitor this for any possible changes in the future.

Re: Can't kill applet/weird sleep problems

Guys... this issue has been known for years and I think it's not only annoying but also pretty lame to not come around and finally fix it.

I just bought the Alpha Track, stumbled on this issue and found that disabling the applet from starting up solves this problem for me. The Alpha Track still works with FL Studio, in native mode, with the applet disabled. Of course you lose use of the applet so it's only reasonable if you use it in one mode.

@brstma: even without running the applet, i have the same problem with the alphatrack being non-functional after sleep mode

@central scrutinizer: now that you updated the windows driver to 1.3.0, why did you not make an effort to fix this problem?

fnord

Hi,

We're checking into this and I'll let you know what we find.

CS

anything?

fnord

Hi fnord,

I'm not sure where this stands.  I'll ask around and see what the status is on this issue.

CS