Topic: Alphatrack wont work properly in Cubase 5 OSX

I used to run Cubase SX3 on Windows XP and it was fine.
Since I'm on OSX and Cubase 5 I cant get it to work properly.
It constantly keeps kicking out the Midi Out driver in the Device Menu.

I'm on version 1.3 and the alphatrack is always set to native mode.

Is this a known issue?

Re: Alphatrack wont work properly in Cubase 5 OSX

Hi Jorg,

The AlphaTrack should work fine in Cubase 5 in OSX. Do you have an AlphaTrackCN.bundle file in your Cubase components folder? If so, what version is it? When you go to set the MIDI Out does it have AlphaTrack in the dropdown list?  When does it seem to 'kick out the midi out driver'? 

Do you have any other controllers in your setup?

CS

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!

I dont have a AlphaTrackCN.bundle in the components folder.
Ive only got the SKI Remote.bundle in there (for the Iphone controller) which I never use. Only installed it for fun.

The driver gets kicked out as soon as I use the fader. The fader sometimes works for 10 seconds and then it jumps to about -10dB and doesnt respond anymore. If I move it the driver gets kicked again. If I use it as transport controller only it seems fin.

The Alphatrack is in the dropdown list and stays there even after its been kicked. When I set it again I got another 10 seconds and the usually it gets kicked again.

humpty bumpy

Is there a fix?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hi Jorg,

The plug-in is called AlphaTrackCN.dll (not bundle like I stated earlier) however, it still sounds as if you don't have an AlphaTrack plug-in in that folder.  If this is true, go to our site below:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads

and grab the latest AlphaTrack plug-in for Cubase in the 'Plug-in' section from the above link.

You'll either want the
'Cubase/Nuendo 32-bit Win Plug-in v1.0.7'  plug in or the
'Cubase/Nuendo 64-bit Win Plug-in v1.0.7'

depending on whether your OS is 64 or 32 bit.

CS

Hi Cs,
thanks for the info. I am on OSX tho. Is it the same?

Woops, my mistake, I was in Windows mode on my last post wasn't I.  What you want for your mac is the

"Cubase /Nuendo OSX Plug-in v1.0.7" plug-in from the 'Plug-ins' section on the following link:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads

You'll want to put the AlphaTrackCN.bundle file into the Cubase 'Components' folder.  Then the AlphaTrack will be recognized properly by Cubase in native mode after you configure it in Cubase's device setup.  Midi In and Midi Out should both be set to AlphaTrack.

It sounds like you have the latest driver so all you should have to do is add the plug-in to Cubase's components folder.  Sorry for my confusion.

CS

Hi,
It seems to be working. Ive copied the the file into the folder and first it crashed again after about 2 mins. But after a restart it worked. Seems stable now.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I'll report back if the problem comes back

hi all, i have jorg's same problem, my alphatrack midi out is randomly deselected by cubase, making the alphatrack not work.
i have cubase 4 latest update, on a mac g5 NON intel OSX10.4.9.
i have the latest AT driver with the latest plugin in cubase component folder. i have also tried with older versions of the plugin, but with no benefits.
my AT is plugged diretly into the frontal usb bus.
also did lotsa AT driver reinstalls........
thank you for reading, i am waiting for you to reply soon because AT is a great handy piece of gear that i really enjoy using.

bye bye

ok, just to let you know, i have installed the cubase nuendo plugin that was on AT install cdrom that was in the box when i bought it.......and it works fine now.......but i would still like to update it.
any idea?

Hi gum,

I don't have a copy of Cubase here to test this out on.  But a copy should arrive soon.  You should try going into Cubase's device manager and deleting the AlphaTrack device, then click on the (+) icon and re-add it, making sure that the midi input and output are both set to 'AlphaTrack'.

Do you have other midi gear in your setup that you can unplug to see if there is some sort of conflict.

CS