Topic: Mutiple Question in regards to the Alpha Track & Windows

Excuse me in advance if I should have separated these questions.

A) After the discontinuance of the tranzportm, do you foresee the possibilty of the same thing happening to the AlphaTrack?    I the reason I ask as I'm a bit nervous that my device will eventually not be supported even though I (and many others) love it.

If you did discontinue the line completely... the next step for PC users is.... nothing.  Literally, the PreSonus FaderPort is a step down, Euphonix is OSX only, Steignburg products only seem to work with Cubase/Nuendo, the Novation SL MKII series has short faders / non motorized... so that basically leave us with buying a Digi Command8 or Mackie Control Universal which is over $1100. 

B) Are there plans to officially release a Windows 7 driver? If not thats ok, I just need to know so I can plan my studio life cycle.

C) The bug I reported a few month back, in regards to the channel automation from the AT to Pro Toools, has that been addressed?  I remember reading back saying that you confirmed the bug.

Thank you for your time

Sean

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Mutiple Question in regards to the Alpha Track & Windows

Hi djgizmo,

There are no plans to discontinue the AlphaTrack any time soon so I don't think that's an issue. I don't think there are any plans as of yet for a Windows 7 driver, however, you should be able to use the Vista drivers in Windows 7.  There's an open forum discussion about getting that to work:

http://frontierdesign.com/forums/topic/ … update-go/

If you save the AlphaTrack installer to your desktop and right click on it you can select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and select "Vista" for the last version that the drivers worked and you should be able to use the AlphaTrack in Win7.

As for the Automation bug that you posted on the forum titled "possible bug report" I think the problem you originally posted isn't a bug, but there is an automation related bug we are working on. I explain all that more fully in that original post. Let me know if it helps.

CS

Re: Mutiple Question in regards to the Alpha Track & Windows

AlphaTrack Windows driver 1.3 has been released and is compatible with Windows 7. Please see this post